Constitution Day Celebration
DATE: Saturday, September 14, 2019
LOCATION: Chapman University | Orange, CA
The Claremont Institute invites you to join us on September 14 in Orange, California to celebrate Constitution Day with Dr. John C. Eastman and the Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence.
We will commemorate the 232nd anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution with panel discussions addressing some of the most pressing threats to our constitutional system.
Our program will also feature a discussion with the recipient of this year’s Ronald Reagan Jurisprudence Award, Judge David Sentelle, Chief Judge of the of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, during a private luncheon.
10:00am: Registration Opens
10:30am–10:45am: Opening Remarks
10:45am–12:15pm: Panel 1 – Discrimination Unbound: Harvard’s Perverse Affirmative Action and Multiculturalism
- Ryan Williams President, Claremont Institute; Publisher, Claremont Review of Books
Amy Wax Robert Mundheim Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School
Additional Panelists/Moderators TBD
12:30pm–1:45pm: Luncheon featuring Claremont’s 2019 Ronald Reagan Jurisprudence Award recipient, Judge David Sentelle
2:00pm–3:00pm: Panel 2 – Abortion and the Courts: The Existence of a Right to Life
- Teresa Collett Professor of Law, University of St. Thomas (MN)
David Forte Professor of Law, Cleveland State University
Anthony T. Caso Director of the Constitutional Jurisprudence Clinic, Chapman University’s Fowler School of Law (Moderator)
3:15pm–4:15pm: Panel 3 The Supreme Court: Term Review and a Look to the Horizon
- John Eastman Founding Director, Claremont Institute Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence; Henry Salvatori Professor of Law and Community Service, Chapman University’s Fowler School of Law
- Michael M. Uhlmann Senior Fellow, Claremont Institute; Professor of Politics and Government, Claremont Graduate University
- Keith Carlson Founding Partner, Carlson & Jayakumar LLP; Memeber of the Board of Directors, Claremont Institute (Moderator)
- Additional Panelists TBD
4:15pm–4:30pm: Closing Remarks
4:30pm–5:30pm: Cocktail Reception