2019 Claremont Fellowship Alumni Retreat and Salvatori Dinner
By invitation only
Registration for the 2019 Alumni Retreat and Salvatori Dinner is now closed.
Saturday, November 16, 2019
City Tavern Club
3206 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
The Claremont Institute is pleased to invite our distinguished alumni to join us on Saturday, November 16 at the City Tavern Club in Washington, DC for the annual retreat and Salvatori Dinner.
11:30am-12:00pm Doors Open
12:00pm-1:00pm Alumni Retreat Welcome Lunch (Fellows Only)
- Welcome and Introductions–Ryan Williams, President, Claremont Institute
- Luncheon Keynote - Mary Eberstadt, Author, Primal Screams: How the Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics
1:15pm-2:45pm "The Intellectual Foundations of Identity Politics" (Fellows Only)
- David Azerrad, Director, B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics, Heritage Foundation
- Christopher Caldwell, Senior Fellow Claremont Institute; Contributing Editor, Claremont Review of Books
- William Voegeli, Senior Fellow Claremont Institute; Senior Editor, Claremont Review of Books
- Scott Yenor, Professor of Political Science, Boise State University
- Michael Anton, Lecturer and Research Fellow, Hillsdale College; Senior Fellow, Claremont Institute (moderator)
3:00pm-4:45pm "The Policies of a New Americanism" (Fellows Only)
- Tom Joscelyn, Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Ashley McGuire, Senior Fellow, The Catholic Association
- Arthur Milikh, Associate Director and Research Fellow, Simon Center for Principles and Politics
- Inez Stepman, Senior Policy Analyst, Independent Women's Forum; Senior Contributor, The Federalist
- Ryan Williams, President, Claremont Institute (moderator)
4:30pm-5:30pm Roundtable Discussion/ Debate among fellows (Fellows Only)
5:30pm-7:00pm Cocktail Reception (Fellows and Guests)
7:00pm-9:00pm Salvatori Dinner honoring the work and accomplishments of Colleen Sheehan, Professor of Politics at Villanova University (Fellows and Guests)
9:00pm-11:00pm Rooftop Cocktails & Cigars (Fellows and Guests)
The cost to attend the retreat and dinner is $100 for Fellows. An additional guest dinner ticket may be purchased for $50.
Due to space limitations, registrations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
ROOM BLOCK INFORMATION:
We have a small room block reserved at the Westin Georgetown for our out-of-town guests at a rate of $149/night plus taxes. The deadline to book is Friday, October 18. Please contact Kirstin Gadiel (email@example.com) with any questions.