John Eastman, Director of the Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, has filed a suit on behalf of The Lincoln Club of Orange County, challenging the remaining ordinances, which continue to restrict contributions to independent expenditure committees despite the ruling in our Irvine case that holds them unconstitutional.
John Eastman will have a hearing on preliminary injunction this Thursday, October 3rd.
- From the Orange County Register: Lincoln Club sues to overturn money limits
- Press Release: Irvine Campaign Finance Restriction Unconstitutional
- Institute's Assessment of the Constitutionality of Municipal Ordinances Restricting Contributions to Independent Expenditure Committees (pdf)
- Final Judgment, signed by Judge Stotler (pdf)
- 9th Circuit Amended Ruling from June 5, 2002 (pdf)
Download Adobe Acrobat for PDF Files