Dr. John Eastman, director of the Claremont Institute's Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, will be participating in a debate today with The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy on "The Constitution and the Boy Scouts: Equal Access to Government Land and the First Amendment." The debate will be webcast live, and listeners will be able to submit questions to the panelists by email.
The panel will debate and discuss Boy Scouts' access to government land following the United States Supreme Court decision in Boy Scouts of America v. Dale. The panel will focus on the recent litigation involving leases of parkland in Balboa Park and Mission Bay Park by the City of San Diego to Boy Scouts.
Others on the panel whom Professor Eastman will be debating include:
- Professor Alan Brownstein, University of California, Davis School of Law
- Mr. George Davidson, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Mr. Eric Isaacson, Lerach Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins LLP
- Dean Kenneth Starr, Pepperdine School of Law
- Dean Daniel Rodriguez, University of San Diego Law School (moderator)
The debate is being held at the Wyndham San Diego hotel at Emerald Plaza, in San Diego, CA, from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. today, May 18. The address for the hotel is 400 West Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101. There is no charge for admittance.
The debate will be broadcast live, which listeners may access here. Listeners may also submit questions to the panelists by emailing them to email@example.com.